Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The How to Project

Via Louella Court. Cool instructional posters. Description below from the creator, Michael Arnold. His site is down right now but hopefully it will be back soon.


The How To: Project is run solely by Michael Arnold, a 19 year designer from the UK on his gap year. With the aim of teaching himself about design in the real world, the How To: Project brings limited screen-prints based around learning useful skills. Hand printed by the Get A Grip Studio in Birmingham in editions of 30, each print bought goes towards printing the next design.
“There is a major disconnect between the life of a design student and the transition to being a design professional.”
This quote from the book ‘Never Sleep’ summarises perfectly the purpose of The How To: Project. The other reason I’m doing this is because it’s fun, I have enjoyed learning CSS and web designing from scratch, I gained confidence in talking to customers and communicating with prints and as a designer I have improved, in understanding and skill. I have always maintained that I’ll keep doing this until it no longer becomes fun. Or I lose my hands. Or die.
Hopefully that’ll give you an insight into this project and it’s future. If you want to collaborate with The How To: Project or even just suggest an idea for a print feel free to contact me at – thehowtoproject@aol.co.uk
Keep learning!
~Michael Arnold



No comments:

Post a Comment